WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Haiku

Today is going to be a random Haiku day.  I shall be jotting things down as the moment takes me and seeing what happens.
haiku :
  1. A Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.
  2. A poem written in this form.

Prismatic flashes
Sparkling on the black tarmac,
Sharp shards of impact.


Red stains the low clouds
Early blossoms swirl to ground
Stirred by days last breath.

Grey sky softly weeps
Sunlights rays pierce the blanket
And the rainbow arcs.

4 comments:

  1. I do believe you have nailed Haiku.Once agin your talent shines brightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first attempt. how about this
    "Flashing glints of Gold
    Gilding through sparkling water
    My Koi are safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lithe Sleek Mysterious
    Perfection captures ones soul
    endless love abounds

    ReplyDelete