WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Sunday 11 September 2011

Minute poetry

JL has challenged us with minute poetry today.  Pop over to JL's blog http://dodgewrites.blogspot.com/ for more details on this type of poem.
Here is my effort, for a sunny summer day (if we ever get one.....)

The birds fly freely through the trees
and take their ease
by gliding swift
on thermal drift

Their song flows sweetly through the sky
as they pass by
as light as air
the tunes they share

Relaxed and easy are the days
of summer haze
when life abounds
with joyous sounds.


Thanks JL.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Penny, really love this one, felt very light and airy !!
    Thanks so much for joining in !!
    JL

    ReplyDelete