WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Monday 16 January 2012

The Challenge

J.L. and I decided to play a scrabble-like game and to use the first 10 words played in a poem.  The words produced are:

HOAR HIRED BOWER WHITE LUTED RAVE WILDS SANDY LOVED BEDIGHTS
an interesting mix to say the least.
Here is my effort.

A lonely mermaid longed to sit
in a fragrant, floral bower
but walked only on sandy spit
where never grew any flower.

The North wind longed to woo the maid
so hired Jack Frost one chilly night
to freeze the water the waves sprayed
into fresh blooms with hoar of white.

Soft zephyrs luted gentle airs
on frozen strands of spun sea spray
and drew the mermaid from her cares
to see the reason for the play.

Such beauty turned the maiden’s head
and she danced with the wind that night
but in the morning she had fled
his harsh, cold touch filled her with fright.

If you are walking on the shore
when Jack bedights the land with frost
the wilds are filled with rave and roar
North Wind cries that he loved and lost.

I'll leave comments up to you.......

No comments:

Post a Comment