WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Friday 6 January 2012

Moon Path



We met beneath the pale moon light,
the world was bleached to black and white,
the wind stirred the sea into foam
in that soft night of monochrome.

We set our footprints in the sand
and watched as they washed from the land
and laughed at how quickly they went,
as brief as the time that we spent.

The wind grew less as the moon dipped,
we stood where the waves gently lipped
at our bare toes and there at last
my lips met yours and vows were passed.

The moon so low it seemed to drown
then cast a solid carpet down
across the waves right to our feet
there, where the land and ocean meet.

That picture’s engraved on my heart,
I do not grieve when we must part,
that golden path will always be
the road that brings you back to me.

1 comment: