WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Thursday 21 April 2011

Fire


Yesterday was water, today had to be fire.  I will have to work my way through the elements!


I am the lightning spark,
the brightness in the dark,
I make the rainbow arc.

I am what you see by,
the sun up in the sky,
I make you warm and dry

I cook the food you eat,
I am the source of heat,
I make the ice retreat.

You seek to subdue me,
look how tame I can be,
working at your decree.

I free metal from ore,
turn sand to glass and more,
I am a tool of war.

I can rage in passion,
spread in rapid fashion,
I have no compassion.

I can turn life to ash,
turn wild in just a flash,
I sting like a whiplash.

Death, destruction, sorrow,
these things always follow
everywhere that I go.

You need me, you’re near me,
you try hard to steer me,
but always you fear me.




3 comments:

  1. You are very versatile, and this shows off your ability very well !!
    JL&B

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    The mixed nature of our relationship with fire - definitely liking this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of your cat up there!

    ReplyDelete