WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Saturday 2 April 2011

saturday - and Dodges prompt.

Dodge says: Today we ask that you write on a bitter breakup...  the only catch is that you have to do it in 15 words or less.

Seems to lead naturally to a senryu:

Poisonous hard words
toxic feelings, broken vows
love’s explosive death. 

or a haiku:
Love's rotting branches
explode in the freezing air
of parting hatred .
 
 
  

6 comments:

  1. I think you have truly captured a bitter break up. I like it. I think I have done one of those before. (Smiles)
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice take on the bitter breakup. I enjoyed reading it.

    Lisa
    InspiredbyLisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broken vows indeed..well done!

    ♥ ஆ ~.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very descriptive resentation of the sour tensions of a break-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you did Haiku and Senryu ! Both are equally great !
    Still thinking on the challenge you gave us, I think I'll get it up tomorrow if that is cool with you !
    ENJOY
    JL&B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any time JL. I think one needs a month to think about it!

    ReplyDelete