WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Wednesday 18 April 2018

NaPoWriMo2018 Day 18



I drew a blank on the http://www.napowrimo.net/ prompt today so I went with something that popped into my head during a training course today.

********
hear music in unlikely places;


A printer whirrs the hint of some old air,

An indicator clicks a rhythmic beat,

A suitcase squeaks and squeals soprano song.



I hear music in unlikely places;

A car horn raps a modern angry piece,

A braking lorry moans a melody,

Wind-blown halyards dance a polka beat.



I hear music in unlikely places;

Wipers squawk a waltz on the drying screen,

Guttering candles sizzle out a march,

A swinging gate clangs out a requiem.



I hear music in unlikely places.


*****

I was paying attention to the course but the printer kept distracting me as I tried to recognise the tune it sounded like

No comments:

Post a Comment