WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Monday 30 April 2018

NaPoWriMo2018 Day 30



Last day!!!!

http://www.napowrimo.net/  "And for our final (optional) prompt, I’d like you to take your cue from Borges, and write a poem that engages with a strange and fascinating fact."

I know you put bananas in 
berry smoothies but I find
bananas fit the berry kin
with strawberries now left behind.

A watermelon and a grape
are also berries so it's deemed
and so I find the fruit landscape
is weirder than I ever dreamed.

Now bell-peppers are berries too
and egg-plants sneak in past the door
but black and rasp berries may sue;
they are not berries anymore!



why-are-bananas-considered-berries.





No comments:

Post a Comment