WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Sunday 1 April 2018

NaPoWriMo2018 Day 1



I asked for challenges and here is the first I was given, to write a poem inspired by this picture: (thanks to Jenny Bromfield for the use of the picture.)

(Image may contain: 1 person, dog


These lazy days that I can spend
Here with an undemanding friend
No need to judge or to pretend,
With love on which I can depend.

We've built this trust over the years
He's shared my laughter, seen my tears
And made me laugh despite my fears.
He keeps the secrets that he hears.

And when that time comes and we part
No-one will be as as true or smart
He's one of natures works of art
I'll carry always in my heart.

And thanks to insomnia I also did this from http://www.napowrimo.net/
Today’s prompt: I’d like to challenge you to write a poem in the form of a love letter . . . to an object.

Without you I can find no peace to rest,
My meditation lacks its focal point,
The once smooth flow of action out of joint,
My hands just twist and writhe, each move a jest;

I'm left bereft of function, can not form
The chains that once lay heavy in my hand;
Without your dart and flash at my command.
Where comes the comforter to keep me warm


Yet when I'm home and see you once again
My racing thoughts fall gently into place
And calmness spreads throughout my tortured brain
My hands resume a practised even pace;
Depression lifts, my black mood starts to wane,
I slip once more into a state of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment