WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Sunday 15 April 2018

NaPoWriMo2018 Day 15


http://www.napowrimo.net/ "And now for our prompt (optional, as always). In her interview, Blake suggests writing a poem in which a villain faces an unfortunate situation, and is revealed to be human (but still evil). "

Well my muse has gone walkies and left me with what I hope will  amuse....



Well I was driven from the pack you know,

It happens when you’re older and can’t fight.

There use to be more tolerance for age

That’s vanished with our former hunting right.




I blame the wood cutters that work round here

Deforestation makes the hunting hard.

You make your lair in seclusion one night

And wake next day in someone new back yard.




I’m searching for somewhere to gat some sleep

And for a place where I can eat as well,

I find somewhere that I think comfortable;

I like the houses where grandmothers dwell.




They tend to be hospitable and warm

With gap free roof that keeps out all the rain

And cosy ovens full of fresh baking

Nice gardens full of herbs but no wolfs bane.




There’s food inside and so I have a snack

But my rest and peace come quickly to a halt

I mean when food comes walking through the door

I ask you, Is it really all my fault?




Its not my fault her grandmother was thin

And didn’t fill my stomach up too good,

I was starving when she came barging in

She was so tempting in that bright red hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment