WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Tuesday 24 April 2018

NaPoWriMo2018 Day 24

http://www.napowrimo.net/  And now for our prompt (optional, as always). Today, we’d like to challenge you to write an elegy – a poem typically written in honor or memory of someone dead. But we’d like to challenge you to write an elegy that has a hopefulness to it.


 I'm waiting for the breath that never came
and the sky also grieves.
You chose to go back to the earth you loved
among the dying leaves
beneath the trees you loved

You filled your roles as daughter, mother, wife
with all the skill you had
and filled you soul with travels through old books
and, of course, you'd add
the music that you loved

Now you are gone and I go on alone
just one where there were two
I miss your comments on the books I read
and places that we knew
the things that we both loved

And yet you're with me every time I pass
a tree, I see you clear,
I feel an echo every time I sing
and its your voice I hear,
remember you were loved

Yes you are gone and yet you're still around,
you're always part of me.
Everything I do from here on will show
your influence on me
I'll show that you were loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment