WELCOME

This is my blog (now there is a surprise!). I will be sticking in it poetry, prose, random musings, things that take my fancy and more than likely lots of pictures of cats. I hope you find something to amuse and/or interest you here.

Wednesday 4 April 2018

NaPoWriMo2018 Day 4



http://www.napowrimo.net/
"Today, we challenge you to write a poem that is about something abstract – perhaps an ideal like “beauty” or “justice,” but which discusses or describes that abstraction in the form of relentlessly concrete nouns. Adjectives are fine too! "

Shame

Oh shame, yes shame is like the seaweed cling
That’s tangling round my soul with slimy clasp.
My being tarnished by its clammy grasp,
It twines around each hour and each thing.

I’m swimming in the great Sargasso sea,
Those macro-algae choke in tangled mass
My heart is dragged into a dank morass
Of mucid, blistered ropes that lasso me.

Some days I feel as though I have escaped;
For minutes I feel free of oozy strands
‘Til memories rain down and damps those frayed
And desiccated, dormant fucoid bands
Which swell to bloated fullness and I’m weighed
Once more by clinging, cloying, ghostly hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment